Re: unorthodox use of PG for a customer

От Dimitri Maziuk
Тема Re: unorthodox use of PG for a customer
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 08/24/2018 02:35 PM, Andrew Kerber wrote:
> Unless I am missing something, it sounds like you might be able to do this
> with an nfs export shared to each workstation.

That's no different from polling the central database though, you're
just using nfs server and files instead of a db server and queries.

A compute cluster has to have a manager node that has all the state. The
way to do what he wants is to query that manager from each workstation
and keep the results in the local state database. Whether that is
actually feasible/doable in his particular case is another question.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin

Вложения