Re: Comment on max_locks_per_transaction

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Comment on max_locks_per_transaction
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On 6/15/12 12:25 PM, Jeff Davis wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-06-15 at 11:05 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> The default, 64, has historically proven sufficient for most databases,
>> but you might need to raise this value if you have clients that touch
>> many different tables in a single transaction.  Databases with several
>> tables with many partitions each can require raising this setting.
>
> Is "partition" defined somewhere else in the docs?
>
> Maybe it should say something like: "Extensive use of table inheritance
> is the most common reason to increase this value from the default",
> assuming that's what you meant.

Hmmm.  I think we should also say "partitioning", as well as
"inheritance".  Maybe:

"Extensive use of table inheritance, such as for tables with many
partitions, may require raising this setting."

Works?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Сообщение: Re: Comment on max_locks_per_transaction
Сообщение: Re: Comment on max_locks_per_transaction