Re: explain analyze query execution time

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: explain analyze query execution time
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Rudyar  wrote:
> I try to get the execution time of a query workload. I try using
> explain analyze but this time is allways higher than the execution
> time of a query across a client like pgadmin3
>
> what is the reason about that difference?
It's the "observer effect" -- there is a cost to the timing,
counting, measuring, and reporting which is done by EXPLAIN ANALYZE,
which distorts what is being measured.  It's just about impossible to
avoid entirely.
-Kevin

От: Mark Kirkwood
Сообщение: Re: Rename a database that has connections
От: Dean Rasheed
Сообщение: Re: Singleton range constructors versus functional coercion notation