Should a materialized view be based on a view?

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Should a materialized view be based on a view?
Дата
Re: Should a materialized view be based on a view?  (Thom Brown <thom@linux.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
I still have a lot of reading to do before I propose anything
concrete for development, but one thing that has already struck me
as a common theme for MVs is that a lot of people seem to like the
idea of first creating a "normal" view, and then materializing it.
That seems pretty attractive to me, too.  How do people feel about
that as a fundamental design decision: that a MV would always have
a corresponding view (under a different name or in a different
schema)?  Love it or hate it?
-Kevin