Re: 9.1.2 ?

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: 9.1.2 ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 11/09/2011 03:58 PM, Daniel Farina wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 9:06 PM, Magnus Hagander<magnus@hagander.net>  wrote:
>
>> I definitely think they are important enough to trigger a release. But as
>> you say, I think we need confirmation that they actually fix the problem...
>>
> I have confirmed that the clog/subtrans fixes allow us to start up
> while in hot standby on otherwise problematic base backups.

I think Daniel has run into this problem more than anyone else, so
hearing it's fixed for him makes me feel a lot better that it's been
resolved.  I'd characterize this problem as a medium grade data
corruption issue.  It's not security issue bad that it needs to be
released tomorrow, but a backbranch release of at least 9.0/9.1 that
includes it would be a big relief for people nervous about this.  I'd
hate to see that slip forward to where it gets sucked into the holiday
vortex.