Re: unite recovery.conf and postgresql.conf

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: unite recovery.conf and postgresql.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 11/1/11 10:34 AM, Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 5:11 PM, Joshua Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>
>> So, we have four potential paths regarding recovery.conf:
>>
>> 1) Break backwards compatibility entirely, and stop supporting recovery.conf as a trigger file at all.
>
> Note that is exactly what I have suggested when using "standby" mode
> from pg_ctl.

I wasn't clear on that from the description of your proposal.  So are
you suggesting that, if we start postgresql with "pg_ctl standby" then
recovery.conf would not behave as a trigger file?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade if 'postgres' database is dropped
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade if 'postgres' database is dropped