Re: BUG #6187: Select query stuck

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: BUG #6187: Select query stuck
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 30.08.2011 14:28, Bhavesh Dangi wrote:
> PostgreSQL version: PostgreSQL8.0.1

That version is over 6 years old. PostgreSQL 8.0 major version is no
longer supported, see
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_Release_Support_Policy. Even
if it was, the latest (and last) minor release from the 8.0 series was
8.0.26, and there was a lot of important bug-fixes between 8.0.1 and that.

> Here the problem is SELECT query takes a lot of time(in days) to return a
> result than expected time and sometimes it stop to responding. Its totally
> hang. We are suffering from last 1 years by having this issue. If it will
> happen then we finding that query from pg_stat_activity and cancel it but
> that is not a solution of problem.
> We also found that almost SELECT queries are stuck. We are also continuous
> performing veccumdb before 2 billion transactions.

That's unlikely a bug. See
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/SlowQueryQuestions. But upgrading is the
first thing you need to do.

--