Re: debugging tools inside postgres

От Shigeru Hanada
Тема Re: debugging tools inside postgres
Дата
Re: debugging tools inside postgres  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
(2011/06/24 15:35), HuangQi wrote:
> Hi,
>     I'm trying to debug a modification for the query planner. But I found it
> seems the data structure of my planned query is incorrect. I was trying to
> print out the data structure by use the "p" command in gdb which is quite
> inconvenient and takes time. May I know is there any embedded function in
> postgres to print out the node data structures, or any other plan related
> data structures? Thanks.

I think nodeToString() would help.  This function converts node tree
recursively into a string, and it's applicable for any Node-derived
object, such as Expr, Var and Const.

ex)elog(DEBUG1, "%s", nodeToString(plan));

Regards,
--
Shigeru Hanada

Сообщение: Re: WIP: Fast GiST index build
Сообщение: Re: WIP: Fast GiST index build