Re: Differentiating different Open Source databases

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Differentiating different Open Source databases
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Guys,

>> I'm not sure where this escalation of hostility came from, but it's not
>> really helping.  Attributing comments to Dimitri that he didn't say, along

> There was escalation? He made statement should have been fleshed out
> before sending and I called him on it. Given the context of his

This particular discussion seems really pointless, and not helping
advocate either PostgreSQL or any other OSDB.  Give it a rest, thanks?

The useful thing here would be to come up with a document which explains
how PostgreSQL is different from other DBMSes and the use-cases we're
particularly good for.  This is a question I get all the time, and it
would be lovely to have a doc for it.  It doesn't have to say any bad
things about anyone else's database -- in fact, it's better if it
doesn't -- just specifically what we really shine at in general terms.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Сообщение: Re: directory of pg freelancers
Сообщение: Re: directory of pg freelancers