Re: Postgres refusing to use >1 core

От Shaun Thomas
Тема Re: Postgres refusing to use >1 core
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 05/12/2011 11:07 AM, Tom Lane wrote:

> I find it odd that replacing the subquery with a temp table helps,
> though, because (unless you stuck in an ANALYZE you didn't mention)
> it would have no stats at all about the number of groups in the temp
> table.

I did have an analyze initially for exactly that reason. But what I
found odd is that in my rush to execute this for the end of day reports,
I forgot that step, and it still ran fine. I've found that the planner
tends to treat un-analyzed tables somewhat pessimistically, which is
fine by me.

--
Shaun Thomas
OptionsHouse | 141 W. Jackson Blvd. | Suite 800 | Chicago IL, 60604

See  http://www.peak6.com/email_disclaimer.php
for terms and conditions related to this email