Re: What is postmaster doing?

От Mladen Gogala
Тема Re: What is postmaster doing?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Dimi Paun wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I am running into a problem with the postmaster: from time to time, it
> runs for a long time. E.g., from top:
>
> 23425 postgres  20   0 22008  10m  10m R 99.9  0.5  21:45.87 postmaster
>
> I'd like to figure out what it is doing. How can I figure out what
> statement causes the problem?
>
> is there a way I can log all SQL statements to a file, together with the
> time it took to execute them?

You can do one better: you can even explain the statements, based on the
execution time. There is a module called auto explain:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/auto-explain.html

For the log files, you can parse them using pgfouine and quickly find
out the most expensive SQL statements.

--

Mladen Gogala
Sr. Oracle DBA

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: What is postmaster doing?
От: Dimi Paun
Сообщение: Re: What is postmaster doing?