Re: help

От dmp
Тема Re: help
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

>fatih durum <fatihdurum@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>> * have a problem of my connection to postgresql.* read your
>>> documentation of your web site but * dont understand what am *
>>> connected to postgresql.*  downloaded the driver of jdbc but *
>>> didnt find what do * this driver.Do you explain the connection
>>> with an example ?

Attached Java class example. Make sure the JDBC JAR file is in your
classpath or just place in the JRE lib/ext directory.

danap.
//=================================================================
//                   PostgreSQL_JDBC Class
//=================================================================
//
//    This class is used to control the running of a generic
// class to access the PostgreSQL database.
//
//                  << PostgreSQL_JDBC.java >>
//
//=================================================================
// Copyright (C) 2005-2010 Dana M. Proctor
// Version 1.02 07/27/2010
//
// This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
// modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
// as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version
// 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This
// program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
// but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty
// of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See
// the GNU General Public License for more details. You should
// have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along
// with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation,
// Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA
// (http://opensource.org)
//
//=================================================================
// Revision History
// Changes to the code should be documented here and reflected
// in the present version number. Author information should
// also be included with the original copyright author.
//=================================================================
// Version 1.0 12/23/2008 PostgreSQL Connection Main Application.
//         1.1 02/13/2010 Generalized to be Used With Any Test Case.
//         1.2 03/15/2010 Explicit Exception Output in main() & No
//             New Instance for Class.forName().
//         1.3 07/27/2010 Reviewed Just Updated Format Comments.
//
//-----------------------------------------------------------------
//                 danap@dandymadeproductions.com
//=================================================================

//=================================================================
//                PostgreSQL_JDBC Application
//=================================================================

import java.sql.Connection;
import java.sql.DriverManager;
import java.sql.SQLException;

/**
 * The PostgreSQL class is used to control the running of a generic
 * class to access the PostgreSQL database. Arguments -debug.
 *
 * @author Dana M. Proctor
 * @version 1.3 07/27/2010
 */

class PostgreSQL_JDBC
{
   // ============================================
   // Creation of the necessary class instance.
   // =============================================

   // None.

   //==============================================================
   // PostgreSQL_JDBC Constructor
   //==============================================================

   public PostgreSQL_JDBC(Connection con)
   {
      // Constructor Instances.

      // Perform Test or Do Something.

      /*
      try
      {
         // Do Insert whatever.

      }
      catch (SQLException sqle)
      {
         System.out.println("SQL Exeception" + sqle);
      }
      catch (IOException ioe)
      {
         System.out.println("Failed to Open File." + ioe);
      }
      */
   }

   //============================================================
   // Main public access point method for instantiating the
   // PostgreSQL_JDBC application. Arguments: database, username,
   // & password.
   //==============================================================

   public static void main(String[] args)
   {
      String host, database, username, password;
      Connection dbConnection;

      // Collect connection properties. and setup connection.
      host = "localhost";
      dbConnection = null;

      if (args.length != 0)
      {
         database = args[0];
         username = (args.length > 1) ? args[1] : null;
         password = (args.length > 2) ? args[2] : null;
      }
      else
      {
         database = "";
         username = "";
         password = "";
      }

      try
      {
         Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver");
      }
      catch (ClassNotFoundException cne) {System.out.println("ClassNotFoundException"
                                          + cne.toString());}

      // Try to make a connection.
      try
      {
         dbConnection = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:postgresql://" + host + "/" + database,
                                                     username, password);
         // Connection Good.
         if (dbConnection != null)
         {
            System.out.println("Connection Created");

            // Go Do Something.
            new PostgreSQL_JDBC(dbConnection);

            // Close.
            dbConnection.close();
            System.out.println("Connection Closed");
         }
      }
      catch (SQLException sqle) {System.out.println("SQLExeception" + sqle.toString());}
   }
}