Re: Questions about Listen/Notify mechanism

От Oliver Jowett
Тема Re: Questions about Listen/Notify mechanism
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
max wrote:

> "A key limitation of the JDBC driver is that it cannot receive
> asynchronous notifications and must poll the backend to check if any
> notifications were issued."

The reason for this is that the driver does not have a separate I/O
thread, so the driver code is only running (and reading from the
database connection) when a query is run by the application.

-O

Сообщение: Re: Questions about Listen/Notify mechanism
Сообщение: Re: Questions about Listen/Notify mechanism