Re: pg_stop_backup does not complete

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: pg_stop_backup does not complete
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>> pg_stop_backup() doesn't complete until all the WAL segments
>> needed to restore from the backup are archived. If
>> archive_command is failing, that never happens.
>
> OK, so we need a way out of that cycle if the user is issuing
> pg_stop_backup because they *already know* that archive_command is
> failing.  Right now, there's no way out other than a fast
> shutdown, which is a bit user-hostile.
So maybe pg_abort_backup() is needed for 9.0 after all?
(1)  You'd want to be able to run it either instead of
pg_stop_backup or to interrupt a pending one.
(2)  You wouldn't want the .backup file to be written.
(3)  What about the equivalent WAL end-of-backup record?
-Kevin

От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: pg_stop_backup does not complete
От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: pg_stop_backup does not complete