Re: [patch] executor and slru dtrace probes

От Zdenek Kotala
Тема Re: [patch] executor and slru dtrace probes
Дата
Re: [patch] executor and slru dtrace probes  (Bernd Helmle <mailings@oopsware.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Dne  8.12.09 00:27, Bernd Helmle napsal(a):

> --On 13. November 2009 23:29:41 +0100 Zdenek Kotala
> <Zdenek.Kotala@Sun.COM> wrote:
>
>> t contains two DTrace probe groups. One is related to monitoring SLRU
>> and second is about executor nodes.
>>
>> I merged it with the head.
>>
>> Original end of mail thread is here:
>>
>> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2009-04/msg00148.php
>
> I've started to review this.
>
> It seems to me the attached patch wasn't adjusted or discussed again to
> address Tom's complaints? At least the executor probes contained here
> hold still the same issues mentioned by Tom in the discussion linked here.

I did not make any change. I only revival patch and merge it with head.
I think that SLRU probes are OK and acceptable.

Tom's issues with executor probes are still there and I expect
discussion about them. IIRC Theo uses these probes in production.

If you think that it is better I could split patch into two separate
patches and both can be reviewed separately.
thanks Zdenek