Re: Install chapter broken link

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Install chapter broken link
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Our instalation chapter (15.2) has a link to
> http://developer.postgresql.org/~petere/bsd-gettext/ to get gettext on
> "other systems". this link is broken. Can somebody provide a proper
> one, or should we remove it?

Goals of his version described at
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2001-05/msg01114.php lest
anyone wonder why there was a personal port here (I know I did).  The
version most like that available now would be the ones listed at
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/current/pkgsrc/devel/gettext/README.html

The only popular platform I'm aware of that doesn't include it nowadays
is OS X:
http://blog.doughellmann.com/2009/06/installing-gnu-gettext-for-use-with.html
which does mean the need to install your own hasn't completely gone away.

Looks like all the various free BSDs are using GNU gettext now; that's
what I found in the NetBSD link above, and at
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/devel/gettext/  Even Solaris
aims to be compatible with the GNU version as of 2004.

I think http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/ is the appropriate new link
destination.

greg@2ndQuadrant.com  www.2ndQuadrant.com