Wrapping up CommitFest 2009-11

От Greg Smith
Тема Wrapping up CommitFest 2009-11
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Next Tuesday was our target date for being finished with the current
CommitFest, and we're a little overdue to start kicking back a lot more
patches that still clearly need a whole additional round of work on
them.  Here's how that's going to happen:

This Tuesday 12/8 at noon GMT, I'm going to start transitioning anything
that's been "Waiting for author" for more than 5 days to "Returned with
Feedback", removing that patch from the current CommitFest.  If you've
been given feedback some time ago but not acted on it, that's your
deadline--not much time left to submit an new update and have it
considered soon.  I'm going to continue kicking out more patches in that
state each day afterwards too.  This, by the way, is likely to end up
the standard policy for future CommitFests, possibly even turning
automated one day:  5 days for authors to resubmit after review feedback
before we just assume the patch is dead for this round.

We have a number of patches that have received updates from their
authors that are waiting for a re-review.  I'm going to take a look at
as many of these as I can as the second-pass reviewer to try and
determine whether the patch is ready to pass to a committer or not.  I'd
prefer to get the original reviewer to help make that assessment.  If
you did a review for this CommitFest, please check the web application
to see if there's been an update addressing your concerns and let me
know what you think of the updated result.

There are also a couple of patches that for various reasons have yet to
get a first review done.  We've been reassigning for those the last
couple of days, and I expect that all those will also be looked at by
Tuesday as well (except for SE-PostgreSQL/Lite, which we all know is a
bit more complicated).  This will leave some time for their authors to
respond to feedback before we close up here, and of course we still have
one more CommitFest left for patches that are returned with feedback to
be resubmitted for.

greg@2ndQuadrant.com  www.2ndQuadrant.com