Re: New mug design

От damien clochard
Тема Re: New mug design
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Josh Berkus a écrit :

> Just an elephant-logo mug probably won't go very far here; we were
> practically forcing the EDB mugs on people (for free) once we got to the
> last box.
>
> Idea for a new mug design: do an instructional one of psql shortcuts,
> per the vi coffee mug:

Why not :  INSERT INTO me VALUES('coffee','sugar');

:P

> http://www.thinkgeek.com/interests/exclusives/7bbe/
>
> The other option in the US would be an *inexpensive* travel mug made
> from recycled plastic, if we could locate such a thing; then we'd be
> "green conferencing".

From my own experience, the current mugs from kernel-concepts are pretty
fragile. I don't have precise figures but i would say that 1 of 12 is
broken, chipped or breached out-of-the-box, just because of shipping.

Afterward the lifetime of the mug is quite varying. I would say 1 of 6
doesn't last more than 1 year.

all in all, that makes something like 25% being trashed within the first
year, so i think we should give a try to plastic mugs if that's possible.