Re: Voting: "pg_ctl init" versus "initdb"

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Voting: "pg_ctl init" versus "initdb"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
If we did add an extra option then the option would be "initdb" not
"init". It would take us all years to remove all evidence of the phrase
"initdb" from the mailing lists and our minds.
"init" is already embedded in various packagers' initscripts.  And
I thought the entire point of this proposal was that we could expunge
knowledge of initdb from users' minds.
Exactly.  I think the best transition design would be to make "initdb" and "init" both work.

greg@2ndQuadrant.com  www.2ndQuadrant.com