Re: Parsing config files in a directory

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Parsing config files in a directory
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10/26/09 9:01 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
>> (BTW, why do we actually need an includedir mechanism for this?
>> > A simple include of a persistent.conf file seems like it would be
>> > enough.)
>
> I was starting to wonder that, too.

Different issue, really, which is that some people (including me) would
like to break up PostgreSQL configuration into 7 or 8 files based on
functional area (e.g. memory.conf, logging.conf, custom_options.conf
...).  I do this with my Apache configs, and find it vastly more
manageable than one big file, especially under SCM.    If I write a
config management tool, my tool will also do this.

That's the reason for the dir, not persistent.conf, which I agree could
be a single file.

--Josh Berkus