Re: postgres 8.3.8 and Solaris 10_x86 64 bit problems?

От Andrew Chernow
Тема Re: postgres 8.3.8 and Solaris 10_x86 64 bit problems?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I'm curious if this is a lost hope.  My boss is recommending we flatten
> the Sun box and install redhat linux (which I'm fine with).  I'd rather
> not as threading in Solaris is better.

Maybe solaris threads were better 10-15 years ago, but I'm not convinced that is
still the case.  Any data supporting that argument, solaris 10 threads vs. linux
2.6.11+ kernel (p)threads?

Another thing to consider in your decision is that Sun was just bought by
oracle, leaving the solaris road map up in the air.  At least for me, Linux is a
bit more reassuring ... or freebsd.

--
Andrew Chernow
eSilo, LLC