Re: nagios & PG

От Isabella Ghiurea
Тема Re: nagios & PG
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Kenneth Marshall wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 04, 2009 at 01:50:31PM -0700, Isabella Ghiurea wrote:
> > Hi Gurus,
> > We are running Nagios version 3.0 to monitor a PG v 8.3.6  database
> server
> > RHES 5, nagios is trying to  open a  tcp connection on port 5432 .
> > every time the monitoring job is running PG is logging  the following
> > message in errorlog , how can we stop this message?
> > 2009-08-04 12:40:31 PDT [16504]: [1-1] LOG:  incomplete startup packet
> > 2009-08-04 12:45:31 PDT [16610]: [1-1] LOG:  incomplete startup packet
> >
> > Thank you
> > Isabella
> >
> > --
> >
> Open a real connection to the DB using DBI/DBD instead of
> the connection check. Otherwise, you will need to ignore
> the informational message about the poor behavior of your
> monitoring process.i

Hi Ken,
Is there a way in PG to specify the ignore/not write this/a message to
errorlog ?
We would like to keep as simple as possible and be universal usage
across all RDBS , this is working nice for other RDBMS  we have.
Isabella

> Cheers,
> Ken

Isabella A. Ghiurea

Isabella.Ghiurea@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Canadian Astronomy Data Centre | http://www1.cadc-ccda.hia-iha.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/
National Research Council of Canada, Herzberg Institute of Astrophysics
5071 West Saanich Road, Victoria BC V9E 2E7, Canada
Phone: 250 363-3446 fax: 250 363-0045