Re: Randomly placed definition of S_ISDIR() in psql/copy.c

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Randomly placed definition of S_ISDIR() in psql/copy.c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Why does psql/copy.c contain this?
>
> #if defined(WIN32) && !defined(S_ISDIR)
> #define __S_ISTYPE(mode, mask)    (((mode) & S_IFMT) == (mask))
> #define S_ISDIR(mode)     __S_ISTYPE((mode), S_IFDIR)
> #endif
>
> Surely a better place for such a thing is src/include/port/win32.h
> ... where indeed there already is a definition of S_ISDIR().
> So I think this is dead code as well as poor style.  Any objection to
> seeing what happens if we remove it?

I believe that code pre-dates the full win32 port, and is from the time
when we did just libpq + psql.

So, +1 on killing it.

//Magnus

От: tomas@tuxteam.de
Сообщение: Re: RFE: Transparent encryption on all fields
Сообщение: Re: RFE: Transparent encryption on all fields