Re: PostgreSql with or without Plus?

От Ashish Karalkar
Тема Re: PostgreSql with or without Plus?
Дата
Re: PostgreSql with or without Plus?  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-03-17 at 18:23 +0100, Jennifer Trey wrote:
>
>> Which one should one install? Is there any difference?
>>

>> They are both free right? And both has fulltext support, right?
>>

> It depends on your requirements. I always suggest using a version that
> natively supports your operating system packaging. As far as I know
> Postgres Plus does not do this on Linux.
>
> If you are running windows, use what you want :)
>
> Joshua D. Drake
>

>> Jen

Postgres Plus does support  Linux and it includes all the PostgreSQL
features as well as have many other additional useful features.One of
which is its dyna tune module.
You can check through the webpage
http://www.enterprisedb.com/products/postgres_plus.do for detail
additional features.
I am using it on Linux and so far haven't faced any problem :-)

With Regards
--Ashish