Re: errcode redefinition

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: errcode redefinition
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
Andrew Vick <avick@remote-print.com> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Where were those coming from?  I'm trying to burrow down to what they're
>> really after that's forcing them to include headers they shouldn't be
>> including ...

> In Postgres, the errors were coming from pg_type.h.
> In Qt. they were coming from src/sql/drivers/psql/qsql_psql.cpp.

> I've glanced through the Qt source, and I don't see any places where
> they try to access the members of any Postgres structures.

If you remove the inclusion of pg_type.h, does it build?  I'm thinking
maybe the reason for this pushup is that they need access to the type
OID macros in pg_type.h (INT4OID and friends).  I've been thinking
that we need to provide a way for frontend apps to use those macros
without including a bunch of backend-only stuff --- if that's what's
going on here, that would be ammunition to propose a change.

I'd appreciate it if you include postgres_fe.h instead of postgres.h,
remove any other PG header inclusions that cause errors without
postgres.h, and then see what errors are left in the Qt code.