Re: Seek within Large Object, within PL/* function?

От Klint Gore
Тема Re: Seek within Large Object, within PL/* function?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Adam Seering wrote:
> Hi,
>     I'm new here, apologies if this is the wrong list...
>
>     I'm playing around with storing custom preprocessed data structures
> within Large Objects.  I'd like to be able to write a custom function
> that will, within a query, let me select out particular bytestrings from
> the middle of a Large Object (within C, I think 'lo_lseek' and 'lo_read'
> would get me what I want).
>
>     I'd like to do so from some PL/* embedded language, rather than a
> compiled C module.  I can't find any documentation on doing this,
> though.  Is it possible?  Thoughts?

According to http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/lo-funcs.html ,
the functions are server side too

postgres=# select proname from pg_proc where proname like 'lo%';
   proname
-------------
 lo_close
 lo_creat
 lo_create
 lo_export
 lo_import
 lo_lseek
 lo_open
 lo_tell
 lo_truncate
 lo_unlink
 log
 log
 log
 loread
 lower
 lowrite

It's odd that loread and lowrite don't follow the naming convention with
the underscore (8.3.3 win32)?

klint.

--
Klint Gore