Re: PostgreSQL TPC-H test result?

От Ron Mayer
Тема Re: PostgreSQL TPC-H test result?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
>> interval '1' year.
>
> ...is SQL spec syntax, but it's not fully implemented in Postgres...
>
> Or someone could try to make it work, but given that no one has taken
> the slightest interest since Tom Lockhart left the project, I wouldn't
> hold my breath waiting for that.

I have interest. For 5 years I've been maintaining a patch for a client
that allows the input of ISO-8601 intervals (like 'P1YT1M') rather than
the nonstandard shorthand ('1Y1M') that postgresql supports[1].

I'd be interested in working on this. Especially if supporting SQL
standard interval syntax could improve the chances of getting my
ISO-8601-interval-syntax replacing nonstandard-postgres-shorthand-intervals
patch accepted again, I'd be quite happy work on it.

Tom in 2003 said my code looked cleaner than the current code[2], and
the patch was accepted[3] for a while before being rejected - I believe
because Peter said he'd like to see the SQL standard intervals first.
I see it's still a TODO, though.

> the grammar supports it but the info doesn't get propagated to
> interval_in, and interval_in wouldn't know what to do even if it did
> have the information that there was a YEAR qualifier after the literal.

Any hints on how best to propagate the needed info from the grammar?
Or should it be obvious to me from reading the code?

[1] http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2003-09/msg00119.php
[2] http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2003-09/msg00121.php
[3] http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2003-12/msg00253.php

   Ron Mayer