Re: display query results

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: display query results
Дата
Список pgsql-php
On 30/07/2008 18:48, PJ wrote:
> Doesn't work... and I feel totally lost. I don't understand the
> pg_fetch_* stuff at all.

Here's what you need to do:

// Open a connection to the database.
$conn = pg_connect($your_connection_string);

// Execute a query which returns some rows.
$result = pg_query($conn, 'select foo, bar from your_table');

// Loop through the rows one by one.
// pg_fetch_array() returns the row as an array with a numeric index,
// while pg_fetch_assoc() returns the row as an associative array
// keyed on the column names. I usually use the latter. Both return
// false when no more rows are available, so this is the usual idiom:
while ($row = pg_fetch_assoc($result))
{
   print 'Some values: ' . $row['foo'] . ', ' . $row['bar'] . "\n";
}

The other pg_fetch_* functions do various other things, such as (for
example) fetching a value from a particular column in a particular row.

HTH,

Ray.

rod@iol.ie