Re: Timestamp without Timezone and differing client / server tzs

От Ken Johanson
Тема Re: Timestamp without Timezone and differing client / server tzs
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Oliver Jowett wrote:
> Ken Johanson wrote:
>
>> So, short of passing a calendar to setTimezone, there is no other way
>> to indicate to the driver that zone-less date/time type values should
>> be translated to the server's different timezone, is this correct?
>
> You could change the client JVM's default timezone I suppose.
>
> I still don't understand exactly what you are trying to do, though.

To be sure, is the intent of the server's

timezone = UTC

config parameter, not to provide a hint to the clients about which
implicit timezone it treats zone-less strings as?

I have not dug in but am speculating that in the protocol some
indication of implicit tz may be provided.

Then again it may have no such intent at the client/connection level and
only be used for database date/time functions calculated against storage(?).

Сообщение: Re: Timestamp without Timezone and differing client / server tzs
Сообщение: Re: Timestamp without Timezone and differing client / server tzs