Re: Correct getScale() behavior?

От tivvpgsqljdbc@gtech-ua.com
Тема Re: Correct getScale() behavior?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Kris Jurka написав(ла):

> Right, that change would be nice, but it would require a server
> change. The best place to ask about that would be -hackers.  Also how
> do you determine the precision of sum(numeric(7,2))?
I suppose the answer is: "As always, by function definition":
9.18. Aggregate Functions

|sum(/expression/)

|bigint for smallint or int arguments, numeric for bigint arguments,
double precision for floating-point arguments, otherwise the same as the
argument data type

So, sum(numeric(7,2)) must be numeric(7,2). If result do not fit, sql
code  must be raised.

От: Kris Jurka
Сообщение: Re: JDBC types vs postgres types correspondation
От: Achilleas Mantzios
Сообщение: scrollable ResultSet advise