Re: [HACKERS] Proposed patch - psql wraps at window width

От Bryce Nesbitt
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Proposed patch - psql wraps at window width
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I have updated the documentation for this patch.  I consider it ready to
> apply.  I think it is as close to a middle ground as we are going to
> get.  Further adjustment will have to happen when we have more reports
> from the field.
I heard a pretty compelling argument to make "wrapped" part of "aligned", and thus I think the patch  is ready to go
onlyafter adjusting the user-facing syntax:

\pset border 2
\pset format aligned
Output format is aligned, no wrapping.

\pset format aligned autowrap
Output format is aligned, with automatic wrapping to the window width for terminals.

\pset format aligned 80
Output format is aligned, with a target width of 80 characters.

\a
Output format is unaligned, no wrapping.
\a
Output format is aligned, with a target width of 80 characters.

If the wrapping code can't fit the column headings in the wrap width, it gives up and produces aligned output.  To do
otherwiseis totally unreadable.  Please give the patch a try, before complaining about this particular aspect of it.

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Proposed patch - psql wraps at window width
От: "Heikki Linnakangas"
Сообщение: Map forks (WIP)