Re: Proposed patch - psql wraps at window width

От Bryce Nesbitt
Тема Re: Proposed patch - psql wraps at window width
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
updatesthe environment

variable when a window is resized.  I added ioctl(TIOCGWINSZ) if COLUMNS
isn't set.  We already had a call in print.c for detecting the
number of rows on the screen to determine if the pager should
Considering that the code to determine the row count is undisputed so far, the
column count detection should work the same.  That is, we might not need to
look at COLUMNS at all.  Unless there is a use case for overriding the column
count (instead of just turning off the wrapping). </pre></blockquote> I asked the folks over at "Experts Exchange" to
testthe behavior of the ioctl and $COLUMNS on various platforms.  I'd been told that I would face huge problems if a
consolewas resized.  But the results were pretty consistent, and nothing had problems with resize:  <a
class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.experts-exchange.com/Programming/Open_Source/Q_23243646.html">http://www.experts-exchange.com/Programming/Open_Source/Q_23243646.html</a><br
/><br/> It appears impossible to override $COLUMNS, on some platforms as the readline call sets it.<br /> On many
           -Bryce<br /><br />

Сообщение: Re: Proposed patch - psql wraps at window width
Сообщение: Re: Proposed patch - psql wraps at window width