Re: Clean up some pg_dump tests

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Clean up some pg_dump tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 02.10.23 09:12, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> 1) Remove useless entries from "unlike" lists.  Runs that are not
>     listed in "like" don't need to be excluded in "unlike".
>
> 2) Ensure there is always a "like" list, even if it is empty.  This
>     makes the test more self-documenting.

> I also added code that checks 1 and 2 automatically and issues a message
> for violations.

I have recently discovered that the same code also exists separately in
the test_pg_dump module test.  This should probably be kept consistent.
So here is a patch that adds the same checks there.  In this case, we
didn't need to fix any of the existing subtests.

I plan to commit this soon if there are no concerns.
Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Patch: Add parse_type Function
Сообщение: Re: Patch: Add parse_type Function