Re: Very slow (2 tuples/second) sequential scan afterbulk insert; speed returns to ~500 tuples/second after commit

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Very slow (2 tuples/second) sequential scan afterbulk insert; speed returns to ~500 tuples/second after commit
Дата
Ответ на Re: Very slow (2 tuples/second) sequential scan after bulk insert; speed returns to ~500 tuples/second after commit  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-performance
Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 11:01 +0000, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>> According
>> to oprofile, all the time is spent in TransactionIdIsInProgress.
>
> I recently submitted a patch to optimise this. Your comments would be
> welcome on the patch.

You mean this one:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2008-02/msg00008.php

? Unfortunately that patch won't help in this case.

--
   Heikki Linnakangas