Re: Patch for Statement.getGeneratedKeys()

От Ken Johanson
Тема Re: Patch for Statement.getGeneratedKeys()
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Tom Lane wrote:
> Right.  I suggest using regclass to obtain the OID of the referenced
> table, which then allows direct lookup in pg_attribute and other
> relevant catalogs.  Something along the line of
>
>     select attname from pg_attribute where attrelid = 't'::regclass

Here is what I have so far (not sure of my conditionals yet or if I need
any joins for them):

select attname from pg_attribute
where attrelid = 'postgres.public.test'::regclass
and attstattarget=-1
and attisdropped='f'
order by attnum asc

Very simple and elegant, you guys rule.

Couple things I want to verify - will this regclass method have any
cases where security would make it less reliable than say, using pg_*?
Also compatibility issues?: are there any server or session/driver modes
that would somehow prevent this from working?

ken

Сообщение: Re: Patch for Statement.getGeneratedKeys()
Сообщение: Re: Patch for Statement.getGeneratedKeys()