Re: Is it safe to use 8.0.14 server and 7.4 driver ?

От Oliver Jowett
Тема Re: Is it safe to use 8.0.14 server and 7.4 driver ?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Daniel Henrique Alves Lima wrote:
> The only way that i found to avoid break old applications is to
> use the driver pg74.216.jdbc3.jar (the driver
> pg73jdbc3.jar has a "set autocommit" issue) to access a 8.0.14 server.

This may or may not work but it's not supported.

>     Which one of these behaviors is the right one ? Thanks in advance  !

Both are equally correct, I believe. I think the JDBC spec is silent
about which column you get back if there is ambiguity.

The difference is because earlier drivers did a simple search through
the resultset column names on every access while newer drivers populate
a map of column names -> column indexes once. Doing a search every time
has performance problems.

I think your only hope is to change the query so the column names of the
resultset are not ambiguous.

-O