Re: Experiences with extensibility

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Experiences with extensibility
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Sim Zacks wrote:

> We use postgresql because it is open source, we have in-house experience
> to deal with it so we don't have any extra support costs and we don't
> need the features that are offered in commercial products that
> PostGreSQL does not have. We also don't need the speed that commercial
> products offer that is missing in PostgreSQL.

I use PostgreSQL because it has a ton of features the closed source
products don't offer and is generally faster than the closed source
solutions.

Granted there are scenarios where others are FASTER (SELECT COUNT(*))
but I find that if you are doing those items, you normally have a weird
design anyway.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake