Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL)

От Brian Hurt
Тема Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL)
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Magnus Hagander wrote:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
Hello,

Before anyone goes down this path too far it is very important that I
disclose (as I have on multiple occasions before) that Command Prompt
owns the name Postgres, Inc (and domains postgresinc.com/net/org).

Although we do not have intention to immediately change our name, I will
note that if the project changes its name, it increases the possibility
that we may do so.
First, thanks for letting us know this before people get too settled on
something :) At least those of us who missed it last time(s)...

Second, this makes my own vote much easier: a clear -1 on the change
(unless cmd would be donating that name+domains to the pg fund or
something, but given that you didn't suggest that I don't expect that to
happen)

I'm -1 as well, although I'm mainly a "those who have to do the work get to decide if, when, and how the work gets done".  I.e. that only the project maintainers should get to vote.

Brian

Сообщение: Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL)
Сообщение: Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL)