Re: Using the power of the GPU

От Guy Rouillier
Тема Re: Using the power of the GPU
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Billings, John wrote:
> Does anyone think that PostgreSQL could benefit from using the video
> card as a parallel computing device?

Well, I'm not one of the developers, and one of them may have this
particular scratch, but in my opinion just about any available fish has
to be bigger than this one.  Until someone comes out with a standardized
approach for utilizing whatever extra processing power exists on a GPU
in a generic fashion, I can't see much payback for writing special code
for the NVIDIA 8800.

--
Guy Rouillier