Re: drupal.org MySQL database issues

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: drupal.org MySQL database issues
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Jim C. Nasby wrote:

>>> Is it the drupal code itself that's the issue or just a matter of tuning
>>> PostgreSQL?
>> Both. Obviously tuning postgresql is a big part but they have some odd
>> query issues to deal with. And if they have *any* custom modules, oh boy.
>
> Well, while they're in pain it sounds like a good time to get them
> thinking about changing preferred databases as well as cleaning up some
> of the code... I'm sure that if their preferred database was PostgreSQL
> you'd be seeing more work. :)

Drupal 6 is dropping support for MySQl 3.x and going to a more
normalized data structure. Partly because of me, partly because of a lot
of others. I have spoken with Dries about it personally (via email) and
he is very happy with the idea of moving to a more sane structure overall.

However, there would be a *ton* of work to be done to get them to prefer
PostgreSQL.

Joshua D. Drake

Сообщение: Re: drupal.org MySQL database issues
Сообщение: Re: drupal.org MySQL database issues