Re: pg_dump and pg_restore not working properly for 8.1

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pg_dump and pg_restore not working properly for 8.1
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Pavlos Stamboulides wrote:
> I found and resolved an issue.
>
> It is interesting and will surely save a lot of time to many people.
>
> The latest pgAdmin version (1.6.3) comes with the latest
> pg_dump/pg_restore executables (from 8.2.3). At least in Windows, when
> trying to do operations on a 8.1 server, the files it generates and then
> tries to restore will fail with many errors. My messages had to do
> especially with the "owned" keyword not being recognized and subsequent
> error messages for undeclared objects followed.

Yeah, that was a screwup on my part - sorry.

> To fix this, I found the binaries (pg_dump.exe/pg_restore.exe) from
> postgres 8.1 and replaced them in the pgAdmin installation. It worked
> like a charm.
>
> Hope it proves useful to some people.
>
> Should a compatibility version of pg_dump be included in future versions
> of pgAdmin?

The next version of pgAdmin will ship with the 8.3 pg_*, but will allow
you to select an alternate set in the options. You can also separately
select EnterpriseDB utilities should you need them to work with EDB
databases.

Regards, Dave.