Re: Mac: pasting in edit window / Keyboard shortcut for closing windows

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Mac: pasting in edit window / Keyboard shortcut for closing windows
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Stephan Jaensch wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I have two bug reports / feature requests for the Mac version of pgAdmin
> 1.6.3:
>
> 1. Pasting in the edit window does not work, neither by selecting the
> menu item nor by using the keyboard shortcut. When using the keyboard
> shortcut, the edit menu above flashes but nothing else happens.

Works for me on 10.4.9 on an MBP.

> 2. Using Command-W to close a window does not work. That would be very
> convenient.

Yeah, that's on the todo for the next release (probably within a month
or two).

> Some more feature requests since I'm already at it: :)
>
> 3. An option "Don't ask me again" when closing a query window with
> unsaved changes would be nice. Not once have I saved a query to a file,
> and it just slows me down as it is (especially since I don't know how to
> close the window by keyboard shortcut, so I always have to switch and
> travel with the mouse a lot).

Yes, I'd like to do this for many of the messages boxes. It won't be in
the next release, but it would make a good project for a new hacker for
the following version.

> 4. Make the column width algorithm smarter for the edit window and the
> query result pane. Date columns are cut off even though they need to be
> just a bit wider to be completely shown. If I maximise the window, thus
> having enough space to display all data, the columns still remain very
> narrow.

'just a bit wider' very much depends on the platform and font being
used! I'm not entirely sure how the algorithm might work - one immediate
problem that springs to mind is that we only actually know what data is
in a particular cell once it's been rendered; what we definitely don't
do is try to access data that the user hasn't scrolled into view because
that can *really* slow things down with large resultsets.

> 5. Design a faster table creation dialog. Right now, phpMyAdmin and
> phpPgAdmin are much faster at this task since columns can be edited in
> one window, not having to click "add" all the time. Stuff like primary
> keys and indexes can be added in the same step, saving a lot of tab
> switching (and column selection, "add" clicking...).

Yes, this is one of the things I have in mind for the release after next.

> Otherwise, pgAdmin is really excellent! I love the complete support for
> stored procedures, views and triggers. Great work!

Thanks :-)

Regards, Dave.