Re: removing old ports and architectures

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: removing old ports and architectures
Дата
Re: removing old ports and architectures  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> I think we should remove support for the following architectures:
> - superH

This one was contributed just a year or two ago, if memory serves,
which suggests that somebody out there cares about it.  OTOH, if
they still care, we could insist they provide whatever atomic ops
we want to depend on.

> - PA-RISC. I think Tom was the remaining user there? Maybe just !gcc.

Until pretty recently, there was a PA-RISC machine (not mine) in the
buildfarm.  I don't see it in the list today though.  In any case,
HP's compiler has always been a PITA, so no objection to requiring gcc
for this platform.