Re: Potential issue in ecpg-informix decimal converting functions

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Potential issue in ecpg-informix decimal converting functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 6 Mar 2024, at 20:12, a.imamov@postgrespro.ru wrote:

> I agree with the proposed changes in favor of backward compatibility.

I went ahead to pushed this after another look.  I'm a bit hesitant to
backpatch this since there are no reports against it, and I don't have good
sense for how ECPG code is tested and maintained across minor version upgrades.
If we want to I will of course do so, so please chime in in case there are
different and more informed opinions.

> Also, is it a big deal that the PGTYPESnumeric_to_long() function doesn't
> exactly match the documentation, compared to PGTYPESnumeric_to_int()? It
> handles underflow case separately and sets errno to PGTYPES_NUM_UNDERFLOW
> additionally.

Fixed as well.

--
Daniel Gustafsson