Re: speed up a logical replica setup

От Euler Taveira
Тема Re: speed up a logical replica setup
Дата
Re: speed up a logical replica setup  (Shubham Khanna <khannashubham1197@gmail.com>)
Re: speed up a logical replica setup  (Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 21, 2024, at 6:49 AM, Shlok Kyal wrote:
There is a compilation error while building postgres with the patch
due to a recent commit. I have attached a top-up patch v32-0003 to
resolve this compilation error.
I have not updated the version of the patch as I have not made any
change in v32-0001 and v32-0002 patch.

I'm attaching a new version (v33) to incorporate this fix (v32-0003) into the
main patch (v32-0001). This version also includes 2 new tests:

- refuse to run if the standby server is running
- refuse to run if the standby was promoted e.g. it is not in recovery

The first one exercises a recent change (standby should be stopped) and the
second one covers an important requirement.

Based on the discussion [1] about the check functions, Vignesh suggested that it
should check both server before exiting. v33-0003 implements it. I don't have a
strong preference; feel free to apply it.

--
Euler Taveira

Вложения