Re: Issue upgrading from V11 to V12 on Debian

От Daniel Verite
Тема Re: Issue upgrading from V11 to V12 on Debian
Дата
Список pgsql-general
    stan wrote:

> BUT, I went to the directory where I have the exentsion's source, did a
> make clean ; make ; make install, and the files were still installed in the
> V11 tree. How can I instruct the system to put these in the V12 tree?

With the Debian packaging, /usr/bin/pg_config is a shell script that
has this comment on top:

# If postgresql-server-dev-* is installed, call pg_config from the latest
# available one. Otherwise fall back to libpq-dev's version.

According to this comment, invoking /usr/bin/pg_config refers to the v11
server probably because you didn't install postgresql-server-dev-12 yet.

When you'll have both postgresql-server-dev-11 and postgresql-server-dev-12
installed, independently of which clusters are actually running,
you can still force a specific target version when compiling an extension
with :
 $ make PG_CONFIG=/usr/lib/postgresql/11/bin/pg_config [install]
or
 $ make PG_CONFIG=/usr/lib/postgresql/12/bin/pg_config [install]

Best regards,
--
Daniel Vérité
Twitter: @DanielVerite