Re: copy recursive data

От Christoph Della Valle
Тема Re: copy recursive data
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi

You are using double-quotes (") for varchar/char/text data type in your
example.  This will not work - double-quotes are used to mark
columns/tables.  You need them, if you use uppercase tablenames etc.
(not recommended!).

If I'm not mistaken you have to write a function (plpgsql/C/etc.) and
call this function.

hope, it helps,
chris

Petronenko D.S. schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> I have two tables. They are linked with foreign key. How can i copy row
> with all subrows into the same tables?
>
> For example, i have
>
> table1(id,title):
> 1,"title1".
>
> table2(id,table1_id,name):
> 1,1,"name1",
> 2,1,"name2",
> 3,1,"name3".
>
> I want to copy first row in table 1 and get following result:
> table1(id,title):
> 1,"title1",
> 2,"title1".
>
> table2(id,table1_id,name):
> 1,1,"name1",
> 2,1,"name2",
> 3,1,"name3",
> 4,2,"name1",
> 5,2,"name2",
> 6,2,"name3".
>
> How can i do this using sql queries from database side (not from
> application side)?
you can use pgAdmin or do it in the shell
And in general case table2 either can contain subrows