Re: Script for reading flat file without delimiters

От Tino Wildenhain
Тема Re: Script for reading flat file without delimiters
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Mehdi Aboulkassim schrieb:
> Hy everybody,
>
> I have to write a function that takes a flat file name in parameter and
> load a table with the file information.

Which programming languages do you plan to use?

> I think that it has to read the file line per line and parse each one to
> retreive each column data.

probably.

> There is NO DELIMITERS between fields.

How can the fields identified then? Fixed size?
You need to provide much more details - otoh,
it should not be too hard with a scripting
language and just some script you write.

Regards
Tino

От: Mehdi Aboulkassim
Сообщение: Script for reading flat file without delimiters
От: Michael Fuhr
Сообщение: Re: Script for reading flat file without delimiters