Re: JUST NOT ADDING UP

От Alban Hertroys
Тема Re: JUST NOT ADDING UP
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Rhys Stewart wrote:
> hi all,
> something is not adding up. the following query is taking a long time
> to run.(its still running right now)
>
> select distinct on (prem) prem, num, addy, mynum,myad,ff.address,
> matchtype,
> the_geom
> from daily.recheck2, _sp_myparcels ff
> where
> prem not in (
> select  distinct on (prem) prem from daily.recheck2 dr, _sp_myparcels ff
> where ff.address = unabrev
> )
> AND btrim(addy) = btrim(myad)
> AND  num = mynum

You're probably better of with a NOT EXISTS here, instead of a NOT IN.

> UNION

And a UNION ALL here, considering you're already using distinct. Or you
could remove the distincts, maybe.

> select  distinct on (prem) prem, num, addy, mynum,myad,dr.unabrev,
> matchtype,  ff.the_geom
> from daily.recheck2 dr, _sp_myparcels ff--, feeder_polygon
> where ff.address = unabrev

You could have made your query a bit more readable. For example, leaving
the commented out feeder_polygon attribute there could confuse people
who're used to a -- (decrement) operator from other languages.

> the thing is if i run the first query by itself, it takes like about 2
> seconds, and if i run the subquery that takes about 2 seconds also, so
> why (well its now finished, took all of 3.31 minutes) does it take so
> long?

Why do you ask us, instead of the database? EXPLAIN ANALYZE is your (and
our) friend. Without that we can only guess what's slowing down your query.

--
Alban Hertroys
alban@magproductions.nl

magproductions b.v.

T: ++31(0)534346874
F: ++31(0)534346876
M:
I: www.magproductions.nl
A: Postbus 416
    7500 AK Enschede

// Integrate Your World //

Сообщение: Re: Plperl and my() lexical variables bug?
Сообщение: Re: Plperl and my() lexical variables bug?