Re: autovacuum template0

От Jacob Coby
Тема Re: autovacuum template0
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> Jacob Coby <jcoby@listingbook.com> writes:
>> I've got a pg 8.1.1 server running autovacuum, and it started attempting
>> to vacuum template0.
>
>> 2006-06-22 15:00:50 EDT LOG:  autovacuum: processing database "template0"
>> 2006-06-22 15:00:50 EDT ERROR:  could not access status of transaction
>> 3242180415
>
> template0 should surely not contain any such transaction number.  Either
> there's something you're not telling us about the history of this
> installation, or template0 contains corrupt data, or ???.

database has been running for ~6 months now.  no history of crashing, no
history of issues.  this problem started on the 10th of this month.

> What does the pg_database row for template0 contain?  If you clone
> template0 (CREATE DATABASE foo WITH TEMPLATE template0), does a vacuum
> in the new database succeed?

create database works.  vacuum verbose does have 1 error, which is
probably very helpful:

INFO:  vacuuming "pg_catalog.pg_statistic"
ERROR:  could not access status of transaction 3242180415
DETAIL:  could not open file "pg_clog/0C13": No such file or directory

I then tried:
foo=# select * from pg_catalog.pg_statistic ;
ERROR:  could not access status of transaction 3242180415
DETAIL:  could not open file "pg_clog/0C13": No such file or directory

so it seems that pg_catalog.pg_statistic has somehow become corrupt on
template0?

--
Jacob Coby